Employment Opportunity - Lifeguard
Posted by City Hall on Jun 29, 2021
This article will take 2 minutes to read
The City of Vernonia is currently looking for qualified individuals to fill a Lifeguard Position. This is a seasonal position with a flexible schedule. The lifeguard is responsible for protecting the lives and well-being of all pool patrons. Lifeguards prevent accidents by strictly enforcing all rules, regulations, and policies. Lifeguards are to rescue or aid in rescuing any patron who is in need of help and to administer necessary first aid.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Be thoroughly familiar with and able to demonstrate use of rescue techniques, rescue equipment, CPR and first Aid, as applicable to pool emergencies.
2. Fully understand and implement (as needed) emergency procedures.
3. Remain alert and watchful throughout your entire shift unless relieved by a qualified substitute.
4. Prevent accidents/incidents by enforcing all City of Vernonia rules and policies as well as all applicable state regulations.
5. Conduct yourself in a friendly, courteous and professional manner at all times while in and on City of Vernonia building and grounds.
6. Report for duty and be ready to work at least 5 minutes prior to your assigned shift, with appropriate uniform and or tools.
7. Cell phones are to be used for emergencies and contact with supervisor not for personal use while on duty.
8. Open and close pool area as designated by your assigned shift, following established procedures
1. Aid in maintaining the cleanliness of pool area, storage areas, and lifeguard room
3. Complete all necessary paperwork including but not limited to accident reports and attendance records.
4. Communicate to City Hall any questions, problems or concerns you may have regarding your job.
Essential Tools, Equipment, Vehicles, and/or Machinery:
2. Rescue Tube
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
1. Wear appropriate clothing at all times while on duty
2. Must be able to complete all ARC Lifeguard prerequisites at any give time.
The minimum skill, educational and experiential requirements necessary to successfully perform this position are as follows:
1. Possess and maintain current First Aid, CPR, Lifesaving and Water Safety Instructor’s Certificates.
2. Hold a positive and conscientious attitude towards work and work habits
3. Demonstrate ability to interact with members and staff in a mature, professional and friendly manner
4. Sign a Service Provider Confidentiality Agreement
Job Type: Seasonal
Schedule: Hours will be flexible dependent upon weather. Generally, candidates should expect to work from 11:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Candidates must be available on weekends.
Location: Dewey Pool in Vernonia, Oregon.
Rate of Pay: $13.50 per hour
How to Apply
- Download and complete the City of Vernonia Employment Application Here
- Submit your application with proof of certifications
- Application packages may be dropped off at City Hall or emailed to Financial@vernonia-or.gov
Deadline: Position open until filled.