Vernonia Memorial Cemetery
Established in 1936, Vernonia Memorial Cemetery is located on Corey Hill surrounded by fir woodlands. The cemetery offers traditional ground burials, urn garden and columbarium.
General Cemetery Rules
- Cemetery hours are from dawn to dusk.
- Placement of flowers, vases and decorations.
- Fresh flowers are allowed all year in approved vases.
- Artificial flowers are allowed October 1st through April 1st in approved vases.
- Glass and ceramic vases, or any other vase of breakable material are prohibited.
- All other decorations are prohibited; including, but not limited to, balloons, figurines, windsocks, and candles.
- The City of Vernonia is not responsible for any item left at the cemetery; and reserves the right to remove any item, prohibited or otherwise, without notice.
- Funeral flowers, vases and decorations.
- Racks, easels and other decorations are allowed for the day of the funeral; and must be removed at the conclusion of grave-side activities.
- Glass and ceramic vases, or any other vase of breakable material are allowed for the day of the funeral; but must be removed at the conclusion of grave-side activities.
- Wire flower racks and flowers may remain at the conclusion of grave-side activities.
- Digging holes and plantings are prohibited.
- Disturbing, trimming or removing any plant, tree or shrub, natural or cultivated, within the cemetery is prohibited.