The City of Vernonia operates Vernonia Momerial Cemetery and two historical cemeteries.
Vernonia Memorial Cemetery
Vernonia Memorial Burial Search
Cemetery Information Packet and Forms
Vernonia Memorial on Find a Grave
General Cemetery Rules
- Cemetery hours are from dawn to dusk.
- Placement of flowers, vases and decorations.
- Fresh flowers are allowed all year in approved vases.
- Artificial flowers are allowed October 1st through April 1st in approved vases.
- Glass and ceramic vases, or any other vase of breakable material are prohibited.
- All other decorations are prohibited; including, but not limited to, balloons, figurines, windsocks, and candles.
- The City of Vernonia is not responsible for any item left at the cemetery; and reserves the right to remove any item, prohibited or otherwise, without notice.
- Funeral flowers, vases and decorations.
- Racks, easels and other decorations are allowed for the day of the funeral; and must be removed at the conclusion of grave-side activities.
- Glass and ceramic vases, or any other vase of breakable material are allowed for the day of the funeral; but must be removed at the conclusion of grave-side activities.
- Wire flower racks and flowers may remain at the conclusion of grave-side activities.
- Digging holes and plantings are prohibited.
- Disturbing, trimming or removing any plant, tree or shrub, natural or cultivated, within the cemetery is prohibited.